NSTD Research Projects: TRP
2006: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2007: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2008: 1st, 2nd, 3rd,
TRP 28. Impact of the Synthesis Process on Structure Properties for AFCI Fuel Candidates
June 2005 - Current
Research Objectives & Methods
The research objectives are:
- To explore a low-temperature fluoride route to synthesize actinide nitrides.
- To characterize actinide nitrides structurally and thermally.
- To use high resolution TEM techniques to explore the microstructure of the radioactive samples.
- Ken Czerwinski, Chemistry
- Gary Cerefice, Harry Reid Center
- Thomas Hartmann, Harry Reid Center
- Al Sattelberger, Argonne National Laboratory
- Chinthaka Silva, PhD, Radiochemistry
- Charles Yeamans, Visiting PhD Student, University of California, Berkeley