NSTD Research Projects: TRP
TRP 13. Developing a Sensing System for the Measurement of Oxygen Concentration in Liquid Pb-Bi Eutectic
May 2002 - May 2005
Research Objectives & Methods
The research objectives of this project were as follows:
- To generate calibration curves of voltage versus oxygen concentration for the YSZ oxygen sensor system under various temperatures in liquid LBE.
- To determine the sensor characteristics of the YSZ sensor system.
- To determine oxygen dissolving rates in LBE under different temperatures in vitro.
- To study the effects of unwanted electrical conductivity, contributed by the mobility of the electrons at high temperatures, for more accurate oxygen measurement.
- To study alternative and promising oxygen measuring methods.
- Yingtao Jiang, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bingmei Fu, Mechanical Engineering
- Woosoon Yim, Mechanical Engineering
- Peng Guo, Mechanical Engineering
- Jian Ma, Mechanical Engineering
- Ning Li, LBE Project Leader, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Wei Hang, Research Scientist, Los Alamos National Laboratory